Friday, October 03, 2008

a bout of insanity

I can imagine throwing thin glass beakers
Conical flasks, test tubes...
Thin glass
See them come crashing down
On the wall

I can imagine the sound they would make
The tiny tinkling
The music as they drop onto the ground
As each sharp shard falls
The point touching the floor first

I can imagine the pieces lying about
Each a mirror in itself
They reflect an image
A dishevelled woman
Huddled in the corner
Peering at the outside world
Through the curtain of her hair
Strands of hair
All over her face
In her mouth
On her clothes
Glass
All over her face
In her mouth
On her clothes

She takes a sharp shard
Places it on her throat
A gush...

I shake myself
I stop my thoughts
Slow my breath
A bout of insanity...

1 comment:

expresso said...

i liked the first part best. actually even i have had a secret fantasy of flinging glass about, seems a very satisfactory pastime, would be a great vent to frustration, right. can totally identify with you.do call me if you ever actually decide to do it k? ;)